Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Mifune Matsuri 2026: Once in 12 Years Festival

 It is said that there are more than 88,000 shrines in Japan. Each shrine has some festivals in a year. They usually have monthly festivals called tsukinamisai on the first day and the 15th day of the month. Besides monthly festivals they have annual festivals.  Some are famous and others are not.

日本には88,000以上の神社があるといわれています。それぞれの神社には毎年お祭りがあります。普通1日と15日には月次祭と呼ばれるお祭りがあります。それ以外に例大祭があります。有名なものもあればそうでないものもあります。

 

I started the new e-book series “Festivals in Japan” in 2022 when I visited Chichibu Night Festival.

2022年に秩父の夜祭に行ったときに新しい「日本の祭り」 シリーズを始めました。

 

This is the sixth e-book of the series.

これはこのシリーズ6冊目です。

 

Last year when I visited three shrines in East Country for the second time, I knew there would be once in twelve years festival on September 1 and 2 this year. I felt like visiting there by all means.

昨年2回目の東国三社巡りをした時に、今年の91日と2日に12年に一度のお祭りがあることを知りました。是非行ってみたいと思いました。

 

I took two days off and went to see the Mifune Matsuri festival.

2日間休みを取り、御船祭を見に行ってきました。

 

This is the record of the festival.

これはその時の記録です。

 

I hope you enjoy.

お楽しみくださいね。


https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0HKSV2J5C





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mifune Matsuri 2026: Once in 12 Years Festival

  It is said that there are more than 88,000 shrines in Japan. Each shrine has some festivals in a year. They usually have monthly festivals...